Introducing- The Mircroblade Effect: Brow Pen by Billion Dollar Brows! When you purchase this new brow pen ($18) you will receive a free eyebrow tint and a reusable Sycamore Medi Spa Face Mask ($43 total value). Everyone wants great brows and now is your chance to get yours, or gift them to someone you love this holiday season (makes a great stocker stuffer)! Call us to schedule your tinting appointment and mention that you would like to purchase the Microblade Pen through our promotion.
We are currently monitoring all government guidelines and taking the necessary precautions to maintain high sanitation standards. Along with modifying our schedules, we have increased personal protective equipment (PPE) and the frequency of our cleanings. If you would like to book an appointment, please contact us directly at 732-451-4544.
*One time use only, based upon availability. Results may vary, restrictions apply. All offers are valid until 12/31/20 while supplies last. Non-transferrable. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Cannot be combined with any other promotions or offers.
How to Keep Your Skin Healthy All Winter Long
The winter months bring many changes, cold weather with less moisture, stress of the holidays, and changes to our skin! Many people are not aware that they should be changing up their skincare routine in order to combat dryness and keep skin looking supple. Our experienced aestheticians at Sycamore Medi Spa can make recommendations that work best for your skin type during a virtual or in-person consultation.
10 Tips for Winter Skincare
- Change your moisturizer as needed. Our aesthetician Donna says, “Seasonal changes can disrupt the skin’s moisture barrier. Colder weather comes with lower humidity levels, resulting in dry air that draws moisture away from the skin. Skin Better Science’s TRIO moisturizer is one of my favorite products that will help bring moisture back into a compromised skin barrier. Further resulting in healthier looking supple hydrated skin.” Switching to a richer moisturizer can be beneficial for many during the winter months.
- Stay Hydrated. Your skin’s appearance can be impacted by moisturizer but also depends on hydration from how much water you drink! If you notice your skin is becoming drier, it’s a great idea to up your water intake daily.
- Add a night cream or serum. If your current products aren’t cutting it, try adding a night cream into your routine if you don’t have one already. We also recommend implementing a hyaluronic acid serum. Hyaluronic acid hydrates and plumps skin while also reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Don’t forget your SPF. Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean you can forego sunscreen! If you are going for walks outdoors or going skiing, it’s imperative that you put on SPF, as the sun’s rays are still harmful in winter months.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliating is important all year long but can be especially beneficial in the winter months to remove dry, dead skin cells. This will assist your skin’s ability to regenerate new skin cells.
- Protect your skin from the elements. If you head out in harsh winter weather, make sure you are covered as much as possible. Wear a chap stick or lip balm with SPF in it to prevent dry, cracked lips.
- Treat yourself to regular facials. Facials such as the SaltFacial or Hydrafacial are excellent options during the winter months. The SaltFacial is a great way to exfoliate the skin and the Hydrafacial utilizes a special serum that is very moisturizing. Your aesthetician will recommend the best option for you at your Medi Spa appointment.
- Invest in a humidifier. If you find your room feels too dry, try out a humidifier and see if it makes a difference in your skin!
- Limit your shower time. Of course, everyone loves a hot shower or bath on a cold winter day, but the hot water from your shower could be severely drying out your skin. Try to limit your shower time if possible.
- Choose your cleanser carefully. Some cleansers can be abrasive and strip healthy oils and needed moisture from the skin. What works for you well during the summer months may not be the best choice for the winter. Be sure to consult your aesthetician who will provide specific recommendations for your skin type.
To make an appointment with one of our aestheticians, please visit sycamoremedispa.com or call us at 732-451-4544.